Monday, June 24, 2013

Little Red Sink



In addition to the dining room, the guest bathroom will soon be receiving a new paint job. The dining room walls extend into the right-wing of the cape and wrap the lower half of the guest bath walls, and, as a result, they will require additional work. The dinning room project will be a large one, as the hickory-stained walls basically fill the entire right-wing of the house. Yikes!

"Beach Buns" by Val McCann = whimsy

Red patterned wallpaper (circa 1971) covers the walls of this petite guest bath, which is slightly overdue (understatement) for replacement. Linen, moisture-forgiving grasscloth will be hung in its place, to coordinate with the newly-covered parsons chairs in the dining room.


My little red sink, which I adore, is yet another example of the red that is seen literally throughout my home.  Even though it's not a state-of-the-art under-mount sink with granite countertops, it is one of those charming little details that make me love my home even after sixteen years. In this case, new does not always mean better.  Someday, however, this petite bath will have a stone-surfaced countertop and fancy sink, but for now, I will continue to enjoy my little red sink.


Do you have any of these "oldies but goodies" kind of details in your home?







No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...