Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Floral Designs that Shine



Here I am with my date at the Designer Bath Shine Awards, this past Tuesday night. This unique event was created by Yvonne Blacker, who just happens to be the Marketing Director at Designer Bath. Interior designers were asked to submit their designs using products from the Designer Bath showroom. A panel of judges selected a winning design/designer who would be featured in an upcoming Designer Bath photo shoot. An evening of celebration for all contestants, with savories from Chive Events.



I was extremely lucky to be able to show my work at such a fabulous event. Yvonne and I have worked together on numerous projects, and I was excited to work with her again. Her familiarity with my work gave me the freedom to be able to do my thing. I love to design arrangements around a theme, and this design concept was all things beach.



Driftwood treasures of mine collected from my parents beach in Manchester by the Sea. How lucky can you get to have access to such fabulous design elements. My husband sometimes rolls his eyes, as I haul (or he hauls) home another treasure. I always find a use for my collected treasures eventually, so they never go to waste. Being innovative in my design approach by utilizing natural materials, and inspiration is in effect, being green. I think it makes my designs unique and speaks to who I am.



The driftwood treasure found back in February, that will eventually find its purpose.



My design vision come to life, literally.


A beautiful glass vessel from my private collection adds to the beach theme with a twist of formal and informal. I love a good design twist, don't you? A turkey feather tucked into the design, as though it been blown in by the wind.


A mixture of dendrobium orchids, cabbages, varieties of beach grasses, antique lace and one turkey feather, create the recipe for this design.


I have been very fortunate to have developed some fantastic contacts in the floral business in a short period of time. One of which is Lisa Greene of Eric's Flower Emporium, in Reading, Mass. I was able to create six gorgeous grass arrangements for the "Shine" event with urns on loan, from Eric's. After the event, Designer Bath decided to purchase them, as it was a welcome addition to their front entrance. These urn designs can be changed seasonally, and I hope to have the chance to create something fabulous for the fall.



While working on this project I had the opportunity to meet the Sevinor family of Designer Bath. In meeting them, it was easy to understand the secret behind their success. Housed within a beautiful showroom, a caring staff whose eagerness to meet the needs of their customers was apparent.

Again,  I am very thankful for the opportunity to have worked with Designer Bath and Yvonne. I was thrilled to be part of the first annual "Shine" Event at Designer Bath, and looking forward to another.



Until next time...L.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...