Monday, November 12, 2012

Passport to Stunning...



On the first snowy night of the season, I attended the "Studs to Stunning" event at Designer Bath. This was the first seminar in a series of five that will be taking place in conjunction with Boston Magazine's, Passport to Design. I was not only an event guest, but also a design contributor to the evening affair.


On arrival I was greeted by Yvonne, and given my "design passport" which officially entered me into the $20,000 dollar grand prize dream makeover.  Click to enter...  I was ready to learn about the latest design trends and sip on a little champagne.



Guest speakers included Sally Wilson of Wilson Kelsey Designs, whose bathroom before and after makeovers were to-die-for. Her unique use of wall coverings, fixtures and tile selections all helped to create an upscale "designer," Designer Bath. Her designs reminded me that wallpaper has the distinct ability to warm a space like nothing else can.
Gary Moffie of The Remodeling Company, spoke about baby boomers who are facing the complications of trying to "age in place."
John Magruder of Magruder Associates, gave us a glimpse at some gorgeous free-standing/soaking tubs, as they are true artistic pieces in the bathrooms of today.
Lastly, the evening was artfully moderated by Mary Beth Haggerty of, The Drawing Room Interior Design.


I learned that it is never too early to consider your future when embarking on any home project. Quality designs that support us through the aging process, can be beautiful too.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and I am thankful for many things in my life. I want thank Designer Bath for allowing me to be a "fixture," at such wonderful events like "Studs to Stunning."

Mark your calendars for the next seminar in the Passport to Design series. December 6, 2012 at Circle Furniture in Cambridge.



Until next time...L.










No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...