Monday, February 11, 2013

Moss Balls not Moth Balls



Tonight was the Kokedama workshop that I designed for my garden club. I created this sample Kokedama to provide some inspiration, and to help get the creative juices flowing for the night. A petite salver that I purchased from HomeGoods, is the perfect resting place for this egg and nest inspired design.



Kokedama translated, means "moss balls." A Japanese art form considered to be a cousin of the Bonsai.



Low-light plants paired with moss make an ideal combination for indirect light. A mixture of three soils including Akadama, to achieve the desired soil consistency needed for these balls of moss.



Petite mossy balls of cuteness make for a design-marriage made in heaven.



As I have only just begun to scratch the surface of this newfound design style, you can expect to see more of these in the future.


Until next time... L













1 comment :

I love feedback, please comment...