Monday, February 4, 2013

Kokedama Workshop


photo credit: unknown
Preparations are underway for my Kokedama Workshop next week. I was asked by my garden club to design, and host a workshop (of my choosing) for their February meeting. Who doesn't love having total creative freedom? This design above would be perfect for St. Patricks Day.

photo credit: Bonsai Forum
Kokedama is a Japanese art form along with Ikebana and Bonsai. I learned how to design in the style of Ikebana back in floral school.

http://luxuryfurniturehomedesign.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-to-make-your-own-kokedama.html
photo credit: Luxury Furniture Home Design Blog
Kokedama designs can be displayed by suspending them with string or twine. Varieties of mosses are used to hold in the soil, and provide moisture. I love MOSS, as it is such a versatile design tool that is both practical and beautiful.

photo credit: oh, albatross
Check back next week for my workshop pics.


Until next time... L






No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...