Monday, January 28, 2013

Homespun Gatherings


My childhood home was traditionally decorated, and filled with homespun gatherings. Exposed beams, uneven floors, a beehive oven and fireplaces in almost every room made for cozy living. This wreath reminds me of those times when folk and primitives were in style.



Repurposing old sweaters was a skill that I learned from my friend Maura Quinn. With a design spin of my own, I created a Valentine wreath for my front door last year. This year I decided to make one for another friend whose name is also Maura.



My messy design space.



Playing with patterns, buttons and extra pieces of felt create one-of-a-kind hearts. There are no rules or patterns to follow, it's all in fun.






Here is Maura's front door in all its homespun perfection. If you look closely, you can see her reflection in the glass door. I really like how the purple door complements the colors of the wreath.



Happy Felting...L


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...