Monday, October 28, 2013

Heritage Flowers



Last spring, I had the wonderful opportunity to shadow Darlene Donnelley, owner and head designer of Heritage Flowers in Lakeville. Darlene was very gracious, letting me shadow her and spend time in her busy shop. I was not only able to learn some tricks-of-the-trade that Heritage Flowers uses to create their beautiful designs, but I had the luxury of learning a bit about the flower business from the perspective of an owner. The "Heritage Girls" were great about answering all my questions and very willing to share their personal stories about how they got started in the business.



Because I visited Darlene in May, wedding season was in full swing, which meant that there was no shortage of opportunities to learn. Bouquets were being designed with great precision, and close attention was paid to the bride's color palette, flower choice, and personality.



A beautiful image of one of Darlene's event designs.


source

Darlene has also been a contributing designer for the Lynnfield Art in Bloom program for the last several years, putting her creativity to the test by interpreting paintings from the Lynnfield Art Guild.





I am very grateful for the time that I spent with Darlene, and the "Heritage Girls." I gained invaluable experience, which strengthened my knowledge base and gave me new techniques that I can apply to my own designs. Darlene is a complete joy, and I imagine that her calm nature is one of her biggest assets when it comes to working with brides. If you happen to live near Lakeville, or ever find yourself in the area, make sure to check out Darlene's shop. I promise that you won't be disappointed!

Thank you, Darlene!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...