Monday, December 23, 2013

A Family of Trees





I thought that it would be fun to share photos of my sisters' trees this year, including Mom. Mom won this "fully loaded" glamorous and glitzy sea-inspired Christmas tree for her home in Naples. I love the native inspiration of red coral, shells and blue ornaments.

To make things fair, I will present the trees in order of birth, starting with me.


Photo credit: Roy Goodwin


Photo credit: Roy Goodwin


Photo credit: Roy Goodwin

I have to admit, I cheated a little bit by using some professional shots taken by Roy Goodwin, who photographed my holiday designs this year. I'm beginning to really appreciate the eye of a good photographer, and cringe at the thought of my own photography skills. Click here to view images of the holiday photo shoot.





Next up is Elizabeth, aka Beth. Her beautiful 1800's style Farmhouse, complete with oversized barn, is the quintessential New England home. The interior is designed with both a traditional warmth and unexpected sense of contemporary, which makes it unique. A curved alcove serves as the perfect spot for showcasing a Christmas tree. And the best part of all is that it can be viewed from the road. A melted snowman ornament to compliment her children's tree.





Then we have Alison aka Ali, and first-born twin. Alison just recently moved into a 1930's style Colonial, in a suburb of Boston. She has been busy with updates and design projects, working to realize this new home's full potential, and with her new baby boy, Connie. Painting over unattractive brick can be a "good thing", and Martha would agree. Contemporary vignettes and clean-lines are her signature style.





Sister Sarah was the second-born twin and last official member of our family. Her 1600's style Cape was moved from Ipswich to Boxford, where it currently resides. An extension designed by Royal Barry Wills, an architect who specialized in reproductions, cleverly melded the old with the new. The original living room, pictured here, is a mix of rustic-deluxe, representing Sarah's overall design aesthetic.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, from me and my family!












No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...