Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Blink ;)



GOODBYE 2013 


Doesn't it feel like you just blinked, and before you could open your eyes, 2013 was gone? Well, it certainly feels like that to me, and although it has been a GREAT year, filled with celebrations and new (ad)ventures, it went by too fast.

In January...


I turned one year older, and crept another year closer to the big 50, yikes!


In February...


I created a Valentine wreath for a dear friend...



vacationed in Naples, Florida enjoying brunch at my parent's club...



and attended my first Poetry Slam performance by Penn's Exelano Project, where snapping has replaced clapping. I have officially evolved!


In March...


I interpreted my 8th arrangement for the Lynnfield Village Garden Club's "Art in Bloom" Program.


In April...


I celebrated 24 years of marriage...



a fourteenth birthday...



and attended a floral design workshop taught by the infamous Shane Connolly, who designed the wedding of Kate and William at Westminster Abbey.


In May...



I beamed with joy when my son graduated from the prestigious University of Pennsylvania with a degree in English... 



and a published thesis to boot. Graduate school, here we come! Oh right, I'm not going...


In June...



I watched my littlest one (an avid animal lover and horseback rider) move on from the Middle School...



and my Dad turn 70. Unbelievable! 

In July...



I spent time relaxing in Kennebunkport, soaking up the sun, remembering to store some for winter...




helped out a good cause...



and attended my first Pony-Prom.


In August...


I took an exotic trip to Ixtapa Mexico, with 18 members of my family.


In September...



I sent my beautiful girl off to High School, appropriately donned in a prep school uniform, the pièce de résistance.




In October...


I went to Concord to visit the home of Louisa May Alcott...


to discover Waldon Pond...


 and to be reminded of the inspiration of nature.





In November...

Photo credit: Roy Goodwin

I designed a Holiday Tablescape event hosted by Dorothy Goodwin and Joe Petrucci of Century 21 in Wakefield...

Photo credit: Roy Goodwin


had my designs professionally photographed by Roy Goodwin...



and watched my son turn 23. Don't ask about the candles!


In December...

Photo credit: Roy Goodwin

I organized an at-home photo shoot of all the grandchildren, for my parents' Christmas gift. One of my favorite candid moments!


In the coming year, I will keep all these wonderful memories close to my heart, and revel in them when I lose sight of what is truly important.


HELLO 2014!














No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...