Monday, September 1, 2014

until we meet again...


Today was the first day of school. Although it's hard to believe that summer is officially over, and the inevitability of cold weather cannot be ignored, I will have to rely on my summer photos to tide me over. No pun intended.


Photo by Bob Lotz, a photographer I met on Gooches Beach


Kennebunkport proves to be a special place for my children. Despite the cold Maine water, they enjoyed some time kicking back off the lip. Wet suits certainly didn't hurt the process.









The neighborhoods along Kennebunkport's Ocean Ave leave little to be desired for the design-minded individual. Instead of lugging around my SLR digital camera, I decided to go it with my iPhone. Look at the shape of that window box in full swing.




Who can resist the beautiful views at St. Ann's Church? It's not hard to understand why brides are drawn to this one-of-a-kind spot, where you can be married in the historic stone chapel, or outside against the backdrop of a rocky shore.


Photo by Roy Goodwin

Photo by Roy Goodwin

So as I bid farewell to Summer 2014, I remember my summers as a young girl, and think... THIS is what summer means to me. Farewell Kennebunkport, til we meet again.






No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...