Monday, August 11, 2014

finding my way around Squarespace ;)





Jodi and Kurt Miller of Jodi Miller Photography
Jodi and Kurt Miller of Jodi Miller Photography
While spending a few glorious days at a portfolio building workshop down in Virginia, I had the opportunity to talk shop with one of the most admired and innovative designers in the field, Holly Chapple. She helped me realize that it was time to take the next step, and create a business website. Luckily, I would have some amazing new images for said website, provided by Jodi Miller Photography, a talented husband and wife team, who just happen to be one of Martha's 2014 Top Wedding Photographers. Happy days!
Jodi and Kurt Miller of Jodi Miller Photography
Jodi and Kurt Miller of Jodi Miller Photography
Having used Blogger for the past three years, I figured it wouldn't be too hard to transfer my blog to Squarespace and create a website, right? It became apparent to me sooner rather than later that I'm a round peg trying to fit into a Squarespace, and not the internet wizard that my husband claims me to be. Blogger has been my home up until this point, and being able to use the program with ease has given me a sense of comfort. I guess you could say that Dorothy wasn't in Kansas anymore. As I entered Squarespace, it didn't matter how many times I clicked my heels together, I had left the comfort of home.
As I move into my new space, and try to get myself acquainted with it, it's obvious that there will be a learning curve to overcome. Stay tuned, and please be patient while I make this transition!
Now, how the heck do I insert a photo into this post? Squarespace--help!


Here is the link to my new home:   Laura Thomson Design

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...