Monday, August 29, 2011

Arrangements by the Sea, part deux



My sister Alison and her husband Jeff's wedding celebration went off without a hitch this past weekend, considering it was the day before Hurricane Irene. I wanted to share some photos of my final designs for their seaside wedding celebration. My arrangements looked soft and elegant in the dark glow of the candlelit tent. I was pleased with the outcome while staying on budget, using materials from my own garden. And, from a few friends gardens, as well...



The calm before the storm...




Guests, had not yet arrived, but Hurricane Irene was bearing down with heavy rains and dark skies. Guests were treated to a traditional, New England Clam Bake which was cooked to perfection by, The Ipswich Clambake Company. Korean fare was also part of the evening spread and it was absolutely delicious.




My sister Sarah was responsible for the beautiful cheese spread that you see pictured above. It was quite elaborate!!! Her display, not only added visual interest to the event but the unique pairing of cheeses and spreads.




A great time was had by all, thanks to my sister Alison and my brother- in- law Jeff. I was honored to be part of their special day.




Until next time...L



                                                                     

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...