Monday, January 16, 2012

70th Birthday Designs



I was asked to design floral arrangements for my client Denise's Aunt's 70th Birthday Celebration, this past weekend.  The event was held at Donatello's Restaurante a delicious spot for Italian food, and it is right in my neck of the woods.



My client Denise and I talked about flower, vase, and linen selection. Denise told me that there would be one long table set up for her group of twenty. The details she provided me were all I needed to start my design process. I chose to design with five vases, one larger 8 x 8 vase, and four smaller 6 x 6 vases. Denise mentioned that she wanted to use calla lilies and hypericum as she had seen them in one of my previous designs. When I went to the market, and spotted these deep aubergine calla beauties I knew they were the perfect punch of color that I had envisioned for her designs.



Designing with flowers is not unlike designing a room or a vignette. It is important to consider scale, shape, texture and color in order to create an overall design that fits the space. I incorporated some angel hair vine from Save on Crafts for additional dimension, and a bit of whimsy. 



Pictures taken outside before the delivery, capture the romantic appeal of these designs.  I was almost sad to part with them, as I was very pleased with the results. I was hopeful at that point, that Denise would feel the same way.



My trusty burlap tablecloth came in handy during my little photo shoot. Lucky for me the cold was not due to set in until Sunday.



Votive candles I had on hand were added to set the mood. I love how the designs stand out against the white linens.



I am happy to report that my client Denise was extremely pleased, and I really look forward to working with her again.  I appreciated the opportunity to be able to take some liberties with the designs as Denise (the perfect client), let me do my thing.






Until next time...L.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...