Thursday, January 12, 2012

Feed the Soul



One of the best things about the opportunities my son had at St. Johns Prep was in being part of the Prep community.  St. Johns is an institution that focuses on the education of boys, and in teaching them the responsibility of service. A call to duty is the ongoing message that resonates in everything that they do at St. Johns Prep.



I was recently reminded of our days at the Prep, when I read about the upcoming Empty Bowls night. The students of St. John's Prep are given the opportunity to participate in this fabulous event by making ceramic bowls that will be for sale that evening. Soups and yummy breads are donated by local restaurants, and the event proceeds are donated to Haven for Hunger.



Live entertainment provided by Swingtown adds to the fun of the evening, along with a night off from cooking. Swingtown is an ensemble group, made up of students and faculty at the Prep.



I always love a good design project with a tie in to something meaningful. I have had the pleasure of collecting eleven one-of-a-kind bowls, during my sons time at St. John's Prep. The bowls are treasures, and help to remind me that not everybody has a bowl to fill.




Until next time...L.










No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...