Monday, September 2, 2013

Interior Interests of Club Med


Over-sized Art: Al Fresco-Style

After my recent Club Med adventure, I learned that Club Med had just celebrated its 45th year in business. It kinda made me wonder about the history of the club and its designers, so I decided to investigate.



The first Club Mediterranee opened in Majorca, Spain in 1950.  Entrepreneur and Olympian Gerard Blitz had a vision to create an all-inclusive holiday vacation, where guests could experience a sense of rejuvenation through nature and sport. I also learned that Club Med exclusively recruits its interior designers from Ecole Boulle, a design school in Paris, of course. An interesting mix of colors, artwork, furnishings, and local flavor play off the beautiful views of the Pacific in Ixtapa, Mexico. Can I have this in a smaller size?



A little French-inspired console with frolicking figures that looked as though they had been drawn in pencil. Where can I get one?




The marriage of red and black seen in the public spaces of the resort were striking, yet warm. Black and red tiled walls are paired with this vibrant green still life of cactus and mangoes.




Moroccan/Mexican style lanterns and a french-legged credenza are open to views of the Pacific through curved archways.



A wall of water inspired (I imagine), by the stones of the Mayan ruins.








No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...