Monday, December 2, 2013

Maybe Christmas, perhaps...means a little bit more!


Photo credit: Roy Goodwin

Welcome Christmas, bring your cheer! After bringing a little cheer to the Lynnfield Meeting House a few weeks ago, many of these designs have been appropriately placed back at home, which makes my job as head designer a lot easier. These projects are worthwhile on many levels, including getting my butt in gear ahead of schedule.



Photo credit: Roy Goodwin

When it comes to Christmas decorations, I lean towards the mixing of current trends (like owls and mercury glass) with natural elements, and of course my arsenal of collected treasures, to get the job done. With endless amounts of inspirational images seen throughout the year, coming up with new ways in which to display my wares is never difficult. Although, there is a point at which, it's time for a change, which brings me to my next point.



Photo credit: Roy Goodwin

I find comfort in knowing that when I decorate my home for the holidays, I can merge personal meaning and tradition to create memories for my family. Designing with elements that reflect a family's interests and hobbies is one of the best ways to incorporate personality into your designs. For example, my daughter and I created this buri tree a few years ago, because of her love of animals. With all the talk over Thanksgiving about holiday ideas this year and upcoming design projects (I have three sisters and a mom who love the decorating process), there was only ONE that registered with my girl. That would be the one where she heard the words equestrian-themed tree...maybe next year Cindy Loo Who!



Photo credit: Roy Goodwin

There's no better time than Christmas to celebrate the ones you love by showing them that the ways in which they fill your life, hold meaning. As the Grinch thought, "Maybe Christmas, perhaps...means a little bit more."


















No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...