Monday, March 24, 2014

Ode de Joy!



My sisters are turning 40, and it's time to party!

oh joy!

I recently came across a new line of party decor by owner and creative director Joy Cho, of Oh Joy! blog, available at Target. And since a party isn't a party without a good tablescape design, I knew that I had my inspiration the minute I saw it. Not to mention that, after sharing the collection with my daughter, her excitement over the lanterns sealed the deal.





Designing a spring-themed tablescape in celebration of my sisters 40th was just what I needed to get me thinking about upcoming design projects.


So with a few chosen pieces from the Oh Joy! collection, tulips from Whole Foods, and a mix of trendy and collected pieces, the results are budget-friendly and design-worthy. And hopefully a palate-worthy menu of Braised Short-Ribs with Parsnips, Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes, Garlic Bread, Simple Salad, Broccoli Rabe, and cakes from Jeanne's BakeShop (Death by Chocolate and Salted Caramel), would please the guests of honor.





No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...