Monday, June 16, 2014

Hitting the Mark, at Target!



I have been admiring this outdoor vignette for quite a while, and after learning about the talented Jeannette Whitson of Garden Variety Design (great name!!!), I wanted nothing more than to recreate it in my own backyard. I'm immediately drawn to how the trees flank the space, and I have to assume that they provide ample shade for the people who are lucky enough to relax here. Can't you just picture yourself drinking a glass of wine at the end of the day, and lounging here for a bit? I know I can.



I gathered some inspiration back in March that would prove helpful, at the Boston Flower and Garden Show.  I think blues have it this year, how about you?





I have also admired MANY of the outdoor pieces at Restoration Hardware, but they will only serve as inspiration at this point in time :(. As the warm weather continues to move in, my thoughts begin to move out, to consider all the possibilities for outdoor decorating.



During a recent visit to my local Target, I stumbled upon the Threshold Heatherstone Conversation Collection. At first, I assumed that it would probably not even be comfortable, but I thought it couldn't hurt to check it out, right? It's safe to say that the folks at Target are hard at work creating some of the best up-to-date looks around that prove to be comfortable and affordable, which makes shopping there a rather risky venture. With that said, I can tell you that I'm the proud owner of a few wicker pieces from the Threshold Heatherstone Collection, and will attempt to create my own version of the gorgeous Jeanette Whitson vignette that I so love. I will call this my Jeannette Whitson Vintage Provence meets Restoration Hardware Contemporary Simplicity.



A sweet spot for lounging and enjoying the beautiful views of my backyard, with a new little family of birds as my patio neighbors.

















No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...