Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Table That!


inspiration

While I was thinking about my new studio and how to make it work for me, I decided it was time to invest in a new design table. After some serious table talk, a bit of hemming and hawing, and some online research, the decision was finally made. I would forgo the stainless work table that I had become accustomed to, and make one from scratch. A print out of the table was all my builder (aka husband) needed to get the job done! He was off to Home Depot in a flash to put this one to bed, or "table it," as they say.


It became necessary to make a few modifications to the existing design for my own practical purposes. The top of the table needed to be extremely durable in order to withstand water, soil, hot glue guns, etc, so a solid wood top made the most sense. A gazillion coats of urethane helped to create one hard working surface to go along with my hard-working man. The hubby added two additional pieces of wood to each end, which helped to stabilize and support the table. One of the best features of this table, I think, is its recessed base. Not only does it allow me to stand close to the edge, but it also provides for easy access around the perimeter. The lolly column in my studio could prove quite hazardous, but hopefully I won't forget it's there!



As I transition into my new space (aka "the garage"), I am enjoying working in a larger space and in closer proximity to the driveway. I'm confident that this will prove handy for floral deliveries, both in and out. A big thank you to the ladies of Emeline & Annabelle, the owners of an atelier couture cafe in Montreal, for providing me with the table inspiration, and thank you to my husband for making it all come true!






No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...