Monday, August 27, 2012

The Best Kind of Art

What's the only cure for wishing that the summer would never end, its a design remedy to the rescue.


As my children make their way through school, they continue to provide me with "the best kind of art", visible in almost every room of our house. This piece was used in my design space at the Boxford Holiday Homes Tour , last October. It helped to anchor my fall vignette which was centered around my grandmother's antique drop leaf table.



I love the colors of this oil abstract, with hints of stars. It's lovely against the backdrop of my rustic wood paneled dining room walls.




This fabulous kimono was designed by my son for the 2009 St. John's Prep performance of The Tragedy of Richard the lll, performed in Kabuki style theatre. The piece was worn by Michael Carli, who played the role of Queen Margaret.



With a wooden dowel and some red grosgrain ribbon I was able to create a hanger for this pillowcase masterpiece. It makes its annual appearance during the holiday season along with many other "masterpieces" of its kind.




A beautiful rendition of "Starry Night" by Van Gogh, hangs in my bedroom where it can be admired daily. An inexpensive frame from IKEA, helps to complete the look.


To personalize your home with works of art you really don't have to spend a fortune. Get creative, and work with what you have on-hand.


Until next time...L.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment...